Certified Translations

As a Spanish sworn translator appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), I can provide certified translations that are fully compliant with the requirements of your target country.

Over the years, I have worked closely with law firms, notaries, individuals and consulates around the world to assist those who are applying to live, study or work overseas (or in the UK), those who are dealing with cross-border legal matters, such as property and inheritance, and even those who are getting married abroad! Here are some of the documents I can translate for you:

  • Birth, adoption, baptism, marriage, divorce, change of name and death certificates
  • Health certificates
  • Criminal records
  • Authorisation to travel letters
  • Employment letters and contracts
  • Passports
  • Statutory Declarations
  • Academic certificates and transcripts
  • Affidavits
  • Powers of attorney
  • Property lease contracts
  • Grants of probate and wills
  • Company registration documents
  • Bank statements
  • Insurance documents

What Type of Certified Translation?

Very often, organisations ask for a certified translation. However, the term “certified translation” is very broad and can mean any of the following:

  1. A translation carried out and certified by a professional translator or a translation company;
  2. A translation carried out and certified by a professional translator or company who is a member of an organisation such as the Chartered Institute of Linguists or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (the certification will have their membership number and seal);
  3. A translation carried out and certified by a sworn translator, who is authorised by their country’s government to legally certify the translation – This is required in countries such as Spain, France, Italy and Germany;
  4. A translation carried out by a professional translator and signed by the translator and a Notary Public, who certifies the translator is who they say they are – Please note they don’t certify the translation is correct!

Depending on the country where the translation will be used, notarised translations may also need to be legalised (“apostilled”) at the FCO Legalisation Office, where they match the notary’s signature and details with their records and attach an apostille stamp to the back of the original English document.

If you are unsure of the type of certified translation you need, we strongly recommend you to check directly with the organisation that is requesting the translation. We can only guide you based on our experience, but the organisation will have the last word!

Please contact me with your requirements and to obtain a quote.