Whether you are an individual or an organisation, our team of legal translators can provide certified translations that are fully compliant with the requirements of the target country.
Over the years, we have worked closely with law firms, notaries, embassies and consulates around the world and around the clock to assist those who are applying to study or work overseas (or in the UK), those who are handling legal matters across countries, and even those who are getting married abroad! Here are some of the documents we can translate for you:
- Birth, adoption, baptism, marriage, divorce, change of name and death certificates
- Passports and ID cards
- Statutory Declarations
- Academic certificates
- Criminal records
- Powers of attorney
- Company registration documents
- Insurance documents
Very often, organisations ask for a certified translation. However, the term “certified translation” is broad, and it can mean any of the following:
- A translation carried out and certified by a professional translator (someone whose job is to translate) or a translation company;
- A translation carried out and certified by a professional translator or company who is a member of an organisation such as the Chartered Institute of Linguists or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (the certification will have their membership number and seal);
- A translation carried out and certified by a sworn translator, who is authorised by their country’s government to legally certify the translation – This is required in countries such as Spain, France, Italy and Germany.
- A translation carried out by a professional translator and signed by the translator and a Notary Public, who certifies the translator is who they say they are – Please note they don’t certify the translation is correct. This is a typical requirement in the UK.
Notarised translations often need to be “apostilled” too at the FCO Legalisation Office, where they match the notary’s signature and details with their records, ready to use abroad.
If you are unsure of the type of certified translation you need, we strongly recommend you to check directly with the organisation that is requesting the translation. We can only guide you based on our experience, but the organisation will have the last word!
Our team of experts at Genuine Translations can handle all of the above types of certified translations and we can assist in 30 languages. Please contact us with your requirements if you would like a quote.